Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Mixed Media Butterfly Card with Beck BT

Hi Everyone, I've been at it creating another mixed media card for you to enjoy and hopefully be inspired.  This one was so much fun to create using divine Shimmerz paints to accent some beautiful stamping.




For my card today I used the follwoing Shimmerz products:

Shimmerz Inklingz - Blue Lagoon
Shimmerz Creameez - Trippin in the Tropics & Get Glowing
Shimmeringz - Tickle me Turquoise & Pink
Blingz- Gold Glimmer
Vibez - Egg Noggin
Texturez - Tidy Widy

The background was created with mixing layers of colour with the Shimmerz 'Trippin in the Tropics' & 'Get Glowing' Creameez followed by splattering some 'Get Glowing' Creameez as well.


For the sentiment I added Shimmeringz to some 2Crafty Chipboard words and dried with a heat gun for a little texture

Shimmerz Texturez in Tidy White was used for some textured stencilling in the background.  Be sure to do your background stamping first as it is always harder to do that over the top of texture.


Shimmerz 'Tickle me Turquoise' and Inklingz 'Blue Lagoon' look beautiful added to the stamped Indigoblu image along with Creamez 'Trippin in the Tropics' and Shimmeringz 'Pink'.


Accenting was created by adding some Creamez 'Get Glowing' to the butterfly as well.


 Thanks so much for heading over to the blog today to check out my project!  I hope I've inspired you and shown you how lovely a little Shimmerz mixed media can be on your sweet cards.

Till next time
xxxBeck BT


Like what I have used and would like to get your hands on some?  See below:  



No comments: