Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Bright Summer Fun with Amy Prior

Hi everyone! Amy Prior back with you all today to share a few scrapbook pages that I have recently completed using lots of gorgeous Shimmerz paint products. 

First up I have this Layout titled "BFF". To create this background I have covered a piece of white cardstock with some Tim Holtz tissue paper using some Matte Medium by Liquitex. 


Once the Matte Medium was dry, I have added lots of gorgeous Shimmerz Creameez and Inklingz paints randomly around to create a rainbow effect. To avoid muddy colours, I have only used one colour at a time as well as ensuring that each colour was dry thoroughly before adding the next colour.


Inklingz in Beets Me, Giddy About Green & Meet Me at Sunset colours.
Creameez in Ride the Tide, My Clementine, Berry Hot & Power to the Purple colours. 

The next layout that I have to share with you all today is titled "My People". I love heading away on Scrapbooking retreats with people that just get me and my crazy hobby obsession. I always make such amazing friends when I head away and I just love the feeling of inclusion when you are a stranger in a room full of like-minded people. This layout focuses on the fabulous people that I get to meet and hang out with at retreats.  


My background for this layout has been created using some Shimmerz Dazzlerz through a Crafters Workshop Stencil. When the Dazzlerz was still wet, I have sprinkled some white fine glitter over the top to give the finished background a gorgeous glittery effect. I love how white fine glitter acts as a clear glitter when poured over the top of colours, so fun!


When the dazzlerz and glitter was dry, I have added some Shimmerz Creameez in a few random spots and then I have painted some Green Shimmerz Coloringz over some of the blue pattern to create a more aqua look on certain areas. 

Creameez in Berry Hot colour, 
Dazzlerz in Gummy Berry Blue colour, 
Coloringz in Keep Palm colour. 

Finally I have a gorgeous shabby layout to share with you all that has lots of gorgeous flowers adorning the page. This page is titled "You & Me" and features a photograph from mine and my husband's wedding day.


To create the background for this layout, I have sprayed lots of water on the white cardstock background, creating a puddle of water in the shape that I wanted the colour to disperse into (the triangle shape you see above). When there was a nice thick puddle on my page in the desired position, I have quickly added lots of blobs of Shimmerz Inklingz paint around the water puddle and left it to disperse around as it pleases. This is so fun to watch the paint react with the water itself and puddle and pool up as it dries before your eyes. I usually then heat dry with my heat tool as I am very impatient LOL. The trick to drying puddles with your heat gun is to simply work the heat gun around in circles around the outside of the puddle and work your way inwards. This creates the awesome patterns as well!


Some stencilling using Shimmerz Texturez paint was the perfect finish for this background and I have then continued onto paint some chipboard pieces with Inklingz paints as well. The chipboard title was given a final coating of clear crackle over the top of the Inklingz to add even more dimension and texture to the chipboard.

Inklingz in First Blush, Purple Mountain Majesty, Ruby Lost her Slippers & Me and Blue colours,
Texturez in Sandy Stone colour.



Thanks so much for stopping by today and don't forget our summer sale is coming to an end this Sunday! So hurry over to the Shimmerz Retail store and order up a storm. 

Until next time, happy scrapping!
Amy Prior xx




No comments: