Sunday, January 18, 2015

My Happy Place Journal Cover with Amy Prior

Hi everyone! Amy Prior back with you all again today to share a recent journal cover that I have decorated using tonnes of Shimmerz gorgeous paint products.


This Canvas journal comes raw and is an oldie from Prima Marketing. To start off the process of painting, I have sprayed the entire cover with water to help me avoid wasting too much paint. The whole journal comes apart so I could lay the journal cover flat which was a plus. With the cover nice and saturated, I have started blobbing random Shimmerz paints over the background using Magenta, Sunny & Tickle Me Turquoise. I have let the colours mix a little on the background to create green, orange and purple tones but I have dried it quickly using my heat gun to avoid too much mixing which would have created mud brown.



Next up I have added the stencilling using Shimmerz Tidy Widy Texturez paste through a Dina Wakely stencil. When the texturez paint was drying, I have started to paint my Blue Fern Studio Chipboard piece using various Shimmerz Inklingz colours as well as various Dazzlerz for added texture. The chipboard title was painted simply with some Spun Sugar Shimmerz Dazzlerz also.


The next process for this journal cover was to simply adhere it all together. I have added the chipboard circle first before adding my string pearls and metal trinkets. Next step was to add some Lace to the top and bottom followed by lots and lots of flowers because well I just never get enough flowers. Finally I have added some Jamie Dougherty arty chipboard stickers plus some Shimmerz Texturez paint to the tips of my flower petals. All that was left to do was put the journal back together and fill the interior. Stay tuned for the inside details another day.


Shimmerz paint products used include...
Shimmerz in Magenta, Sunny & Tickle Me Turquoise,
Dazzlerz in Gummy Berry Blue, Sour Apple, Jelly Bean Green, Lemon Drop, Spun Sugar,
Inklingz in Blue My Mind, Me and Blue, Meet Me @ Sunset, Giddy About Green & Beets Me

Thanks so much for stopping by and until next time, happy scrapping!
Amy Prior xx


No comments: