Sunday, December 28, 2014

She is Clothed in Strength and Dignity with Amy Prior

Hi everyone! Amy Prior back with you all again today to share a layout that I have just completed using lots of gorgeous Shimmerz Spray Paints.


The photo I have used for this layout is of my dear friend Nicole who is so inspiring to me with a gorgeous heart. During a recent trip to the beach with both our families, I took this photo of Nicole and just loved it so much. The photo is so carefree and fun and just the perfect shot of Nicole. 


I really wanted to use the gorgeous Stencil from Donna Downey with the She is Clothed in Dignity Scripture Verse but I just knew it would take up a lot of room on my page so I started off by adding some Gesso through the stencil to the right side of my white cardstock. When the Gesso was dry, I have sprayed some random spots of Shimmerz Coloringz over the page that would match my papers I had chosen.


Once I let the Shimmerz Coloringz dry, I have then used my stencil again lining it up as perfectly as possible over the Gesso before spraying some Vibez Rolling in the Hay over the top. As you can see, the Shimmerz Vibez did run a little through the stencil as I was way too heavy handed with the spraying but I just love the blotchy effect it left behind. I really wanted that Gold Shimmer to come out from the Vibez sprays. 


The final step for my background to bring that beautiful stencilled scripture verse back to the fore front was to draw over the letters with a Snow Marker before heating with my heat gun to activate. This Snow Marker is so cool for giving a funky new type of texture and is particularly great for adding a snow like effect to the edges of flower petals etc. I just love the effect it created on the letters here and because I wasn't very good at doing an even coat over each letter, the letters vary with dimension and bubbley texture which is super cool. 


Some ripped paper, doilies and TONNES of flowers of course was the final touches to this fabulous layout. I have also got a fun Flourish with a Bling Laser Flourish tucked under my flowers here and there that was also sprayed with the Shimmerz Vibez Rolling in the Hay Spray. Because the water based sprays instantly wanted to resist the laser flourish, the end result was a very cool dribbled effect that I unfortunately had to allow to dry naturally because one zap of my heat gun and the flourish would have melted. Oh well LOL sometimes we do have to wait for paint to dry *sigh*.

Shimmerz Paint Products used include...
Shimmerz Coloringz in No Yoking, Oh Say Can You Sea, Pretty in Pink and Peachy Keen
Shimmerz Vibez in Rolling in the Hay.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget that you can earn a free gift simply by placing an order through the Shimmerz online retail store HERE and entering my name (AMY PRIOR) during the checkout process in Paypal just in the section that says comments to merchant. 

Amy Prior xx 


1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

What a beautiful layout and an awesome tribute to your friendship.