Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Above all else, guard your heart with Amy Prior

Hi everyone! Amy Prior back with you all today with a canvas that I have created using so many Shimmerz products. From Shimmerz to Dimensionz, Dazzlerz to Inklingz, this canvas is packed full of it all and full of gorgeous color. To start this canvas off, I have covered the background with various shades of Shimmerz, Inklingz, Dimensionz & Dazzlerz paints. Full list of colors I have used are below.


There was no real method to the madness, I just wanted to get lots of different colors and textures onto my background as a starting point. I have then added some Dazzlerz paints over the top of 2 stencils to add pops of interesting contrast and more color and texture. When I was adding the Dazzlerz, I was not afraid to let the colors mix a little to create fun marbling patterns in the stencilled texture.


When the Dazzlerz was dry, I have added lots of black to the canvas by simply rubbing my Archival Ink Pad in black over the entire surface and concentrating on pressing harders on the edges and corners to define a sort of border. Next I have added some Inka Gold Rub N Buff over the the texture randomly to bring some metallic color back into my background.


The next step was to add some Good as Gold Inklingz to this gorgeous Blue Fern Studios chipboard frame and then adhere this as well as lots of gorgeous flowers to the canvas. To finish off my flower clusters, I have added some Flourish with a Bling Black Rhinestone flourishes as well as some Blue Fern Studio Chipboard butterflies that were colored with Dimensionz paints.


The final addition for this canvas was a favorite bible verse of mine using some American Crafts Thickers and then finished off with some Inka Gold Rub N Buff to bring the gold into the centre a little more. 

Shimmerz Productz Used Include...
Inklingz in Beets Me, Good as Gold, Giddy About Green, Sun Kissed, Meet Me @ Sunset, Pink-a-Boo, Blue My Mind, I'm Not Limon, Gosh Garnet, 
Dimensionz in Blue Lagoon, Witchy Poo, Streets of Gold, Copperhead, Green Thumb, Red Rover, Orange You Pretty & Pumped Up Purple,
Dazzlerz in Sour Apple, Licorice Stick, Pucker Up Pink, Dreamsicle, Lemon Drop, Grape-Tastic, Gumme Bear Blue, Jelly Bean Green,
Shimmerz in Celery, Wed Wagon, Key Lime, Tickle Me Turquoise, Pink, Royal Purple & Sunny.

Don't forget that you can purchase all these items direct from Shimmerz Retail Store here. To receive a bonus free sample, enter my name in the Comments to Seller section when checking out through Paypal.

Thanks so much for stopping by and until next time, happy scrapping!


No comments: