Monday, December 9, 2013

December Guest Designer Week 2 -Alicia Redshaw


Hi, my name is Alicia Redshaw and I am so excited to be Guest Designing here at the Shimmerz Blog for the month of December.


I have used the following Shimmerz Products in my second project, which is a Mixed Media Canvas using a photograph from my Wedding day over 18 years ago:


Colouringz - Mandarin Mai Tai, Mama Sings the Blues
Vibez - Jeni B Bleu, Pop Art Pink
Shimmerz - Angel Wings, Tickle Me Turquoise
Spritz - Bamboo Leaf, Caribbean Sunset
Shimmeringz - Baby’s Breath
Dimensionz - Pearly Gates




And here is my canvas which I had a fabulous time creating. 




I have used Absorbent Ground randomly over the papers so that all of the yummy Shimmerz products wouldn’t be resisted by the gel medium I used to adhere the papers.



I love to use the Shimmerz on my finger to add touches of colour and sparkle to flowers, leaves and embellishments.



I flicked dots of Shimmerz mists (of all kinds) over my entire project, with one of my favourite tools – the curved pipe in a Shimmerz mist bottle.  I am careful not to get these yummy dots of mist on my photograph by making a mask from scrap paper, as I like to have control over the placement and colours that land on my photographs. (See below)


I misted the photograph with Shimmeringz Baby’s Breath before masking our faces and flicking dots of the Vibez Jeni B Bleu and Pop Art Pink over the photograph.  The edges have also been swiped randomly with the Shimmerz in both the Tickle Me Turquoise and Angel Wings.  I did all of this to keep the photograph as the star of the canvas without it looking like a last minute add-on.



I love how I can do dots of all sizes with the Dimensionz nozzle, adding additional shimmer and texture to my background.


I thoroughly enjoyed creating this canvas and remembering how wonderful our Wedding day was, all those years ago.  It all came together quite quickly once I started, gaining a momentum all of its own.  I find that happens a lot when I get my stash of Shimmerz out and get down to some serious creating.


Thank you for stopping by the Shimmerz Blog and checking out my second project Guest Designing for December, and a huge thank you to Stacey and the team for inviting me.
Have a wonderful day

Alicia Redshaw

www.aliciaredshaw.com.au

No comments: