Sunday, December 15, 2013

December Guest Designer Alicia Redshaw- Week 3

Hi, my name is Alicia Redshaw and I am excited to be Guest Designing here at the Shimmerz Blog for the month of December.

For this post I have created a simple card based on the concept of being Frugal, and getting the most out of patterned paper and mixed media.
My card is made with the Prima “The Optimist” range, which is very hard to obtain - causing the need to be Frugal!

The Shimmerz products I have used are:

Colouringz – Valentino
Shimmeringz - Baby’s Breath
Dimensionz - Pearly Gates




This is my card: 



I have misted through some plastic tablecloth for the white background of my card, and creating in a waste-not-want-not mode I stamped the tablecloth onto some card for later use.


Other than the Shimmerz products above, all I have used to create this card is less than half a sheet of “The Optimist” patterned paper (all that I could get my hands on), half a sheet of white cardstock and a wooden butterfly icon.  It is the Shimmerz products that have made these few things sing.



To embellish the wooden butterfly icon I have first coated it in Dimensionz Pearly Gates, and then misted it with Coloringz Valentino and then Shimmeringz Baby’s Breath whilst it was wet so that the texture is uneven.



Once I was finished with the creation of my card I wanted it all to shimmer so I over-sprayed everything with the Shimmeringz Baby’s Breath.  I love how changing the speed and pressure on the nozzle creates an uneven mist, so there is texture to the pearly sheen of the entire card.



As an added bonus the over-spraying of the entire card with the Shimmeringz Baby’s Breath has caused the fussy-cut flowers to curl at the edges.



Thank you for stopping by the Shimmerz Blog and checking out my third project Guest Designing for December.

Have a wonderful day.

Alicia Redshaw

www.aliciaredshaw.com.au

1 comment:

Stac said...

Great job Alicia!!! Thank you for sharing it with us.