Sunday, November 18, 2012

A christmas card idea wih shimmerz

Hello! It's Naomi here. I hope your weekend has been good.
Today I thought I'd do something else, not a 12inch LO as I usually do.

I decided to make some christmas cards WITH kids.
So I got out some of Shimmerz products and of course the kids were sooo excited.
Yeah! We can use mummy's "important" Stuff.


Using a template, I , they sprayed some colours onto white cardstocks.

 Here they are.

 punched out the circles.


 
From here, I also punched out some more circles using patterned papers and placed them on a white cardstock to make a shape of a wreath.
(Sorry there are no images during the prosess here..) 
I added some more bits and pieces on, too
 
 
Here is the finished card.
 
 
 As you can see, I splattered some paint all over the card and for the background, I used one of my favourite colours, "No Yoking" to give it more texture.

Now they are all ready.


I just love how shimmerz can turn "a chiristmas card with kids" into something more with such a special touch to it.

Products used:
  • Coloringz Heidi-ho-blue
  • Colouringz Lime in da coconut
  • Colouringz No Yoking
  • Colouringz Pink Stiletto
  • Vibez Princess
  • Colourinz My bleeding heart
  • Vibez Sunset Strips


Thank you for popping by and I wish you all a happy week ahead!

xx Naomi

4 comments:

Riikka Kovasin said...

Wonderful! <3

Miae said...

Naomi this is a fantastic idea! I love the way they love but my fav part is that you included your kids...my 6 yr old always wants to make stuff with me:) Thanks for the inspiration!

Maria said...

Great idea!!! I will try with my kids!!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Wow! What a great idea!!!! Love it!!TFS