Friday, February 17, 2012

A Super Simple Canvas & Shimmerz!

Hey everyone!!  Jaime Warren with you today to share a super simple canvas project using fabulous Shimmerz products.  I admit that I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, a painter.  I haven't attempted a canvas project of any kind in years.  However, I came across some fun wooden numbers at Big Lots and decided to create a canvas for my living room with a number five (which represents our family of five!)



When I say that this canvas is simple, I mean simple!  I chose a beautiful aquamarine paint and combined it with the following Shimmerz products:

Pearlz in Powder Puff
Coloringz in Pink Stilettos
Shimmeringz in Baby's Breath

To start, I painted the canvas with my base paint and then let it dry for just a bit.  I then used a sponge to paint over the base color with the Powder Puff Pearlz.  This gave it a gorgeous shimmer!  I let it dry again, this time over night.  The next day I sprayed the entire canvas with the Baby's Breath Shimmeringz.  After letting it dry for about 30 minutes I added lots of droplets of Pink Stilettos Coloringz. 

After the canvas was completely dry I used my hot glue gun to attach the wooden number five and my doiles.  The result is a simple canvas that is big on the shine and shimmer.  I love how it turned out and I proudly showcase it in our living room!  I hope you guys enjoyed my project today!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: