Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Winter Green Blingz Painted, Dripped and Enameled

Hi there again.  Lydell here, sharing another page recording elements of my life right now.  This page is one recording a few weeks ago now, but it will certainly be nice to have this to look back on when I have forgotten a lot of this time period.

I am on a mission to use some of my older papers, so I am spraying and spritzing like crazy!!!!  This one was an old doodle bug paintable paper covered in pretty little daisies with its reverse side a perfect match for Winter Green BLINGZ!


I used Gesso and a credit card to create the background very randomly!
Once that was dry I added drips of  Winter Green Blingz which I applied sideways (by turning the page on its side and then applying drips)  I did this by using a wet paint brush dipped into the Blingz and touching the page allowing the excess watery paint to drip.  Once dried this created 'lines' for my journaling.  I also added some rough edging down one side of my page with what was left of the watered down paint on my brush.  Using every bit of that gorgeous colour!!!!!


I die cut a leaf and painted with the same Winter Green and this time created a chunkier look by sprinkling Sparkilicious Enamelz (this is a clear but sparlkly embossing powder)  directly on top of the wet paint and zapping with the heat gun to melt.  You are left with a much more 'substantial' embellishment than a flat paper piece.


I repeated that same process with the alphas and the top and bottom of some prima packaging I trimmed off to staple to my page.
I added the rest of the co-ordinating embellishments to finish off and called it done!!!!

Hope you enjoyed seeing what can be done with just one colour of Shimmerz and some Enamelz!  You can always do heaps with what you have.....not always a need to have every colour of every product on the market all at once.....as nice as that is!!!!!(LOL)  Go buy your first pot or bottle today!!!!!

1 comment:

Stac said...

Love all the green! Love that tummy! Great LO!!!