Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tools of the trade II

I wanted to show you a few more of my tools that I use for journaling. Earlier this month I showed you a few and now I have a few more - take a look what some basic tools can do!

This is an effect I used often. It is done using sequin waste and it creates this beautiful effect.



I also like to try different things in combination. So I made my squares just freehand using the shimmerz paints. Then I sprinkled on some bling! Love these two together!




Here's another simple option. Take a tag hold it at the edge of the page and then just spritz shimmer on the rest of the page - voila!





Finally there is nothing as simple as inkblots! Spray any color in the corners of each page and then ... just close the book to let the color smush (yes that's a technical term - smush).





Happy August all - enjoy!

PS> I have a new course coming up at http://creativeworkshops.ning.com where I use some of these techniques - check it out there - Journal With Me - New Techniques.

Cathy








1 comment:

donna!ee said...

these are a terrific addition to journaling tools...thank you much for sharing! :)