Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Shimmerz-y Sketch

Ohhh, how I love my Shimmerz paint. I love that I can stamp it, drip it, create dimension and texture... even base a sketch around it. This month I was asked to create a sketch for the sketch inspiration site Skissedilla, and I had so much fun creating a sketch that was truly based around my use of Shimmerz Paints. 
Here is the sketch that I made for them:


A little crazy perhaps... but I really wanted my use of Shimmerz to shine! Here is the layout that I created to go along with it...

"98% Fabulous, 2% Mischievous"


and some detail shots...


I used Vibez in Sea Monkey and Treasured Hymn, and Blingz in Island Salsa and Spiced Cider. I also used Pearlz in Samrock. Aren't these colors amazing together? I really wanted to pop some color in, after I texturized the background with some molding paste and stamps. And yes, I did fussy cut those flowers... not to worry -it only took me about 2 hours... but doesn't it look amazing on top of the Shimmerz?! Well worth the time I think! :) (I know, I am a tad crazy.)


Who needs patterned background paper when you create your own using Shimmerz?!
xx Heidi

1 comment:

Lydell Quin said...

This is totally Stunning Heidi!