Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A place for her photos...

Last week I had the chance to sit in on a cousin's first communion, and it was such a beautiful sight to see. I wanted to give her a little gift that she would be able to hold onto the memories of the day with, and that would also reflect beauty itself. I decided to alter the cover of a photo album, so that she could print out the photos from her special day and the captured moments with all the family members 
that came to spend it with her. 

I covered the album in gesso, and after it was dry, I spritzed it with Coloringz in Valentino, My Bleeding Heart, and Pink Stiletto. I also used Coloringz in No Yoking after those colors dried to add a bit more oomph! I then spritzed with those same colors, and then painted the Prima vine and flowers with Blingz in Flashee Fuschia, Shimmerz in Candlelight, and Pearlz in This Spuds 4 U. I also used that Pearlz around the edges of the album. Of course, I dripped paint in the Flashee Fuschia and Pearlz in Ballet Slipper around my cluster as well.... but I normally do that - don't I? :)

Here are some close-ups!


xx Heidi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi, this is so wonderful. i love the color palette :) tfs
xo Felicitas from Germany

Stac said...

What a beautiful gift! The colors and textures are wonderful. So much to look at and admire.

Lori Renn said...

Just beautiful, Heidi! WOW!

Lydell Quin said...

Totally beatuiful Heidi! I am sure she Loved it!!!!