Saturday, February 19, 2011

Shimmery Cupcake Wrappers

Along with paper crafting, baking is one of my favorite hobbies. I was able to combine these hobbies for these gameday treats I made for the last (boo hoo)  Patriots game of the season. I am a die hard Pats fan and the game did not turn out as I had hoped it would, but the cupcakes were really yummy (and shimmery!).

I love cupcake wrappers but they are so darned expensive to buy so I thought I'd design my own.  I drew some templates (3 to a page), printed them out on 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock and cut them out. I used some decorative scissors on the top curve. I then used some paper adhesive to stick the ends together. I sprayed some Anchors Away Coloringz paint from Shimmerz Paints on the wrapper and then gave them a little sparkle with Baby's Breath Shimmeringz.
For the picks, I printed out a sheet of the Patriots logo and used an scalloped oval paper punch to cut them out. I then adhered them with a little tape to some red toothpicks and voila!

For the finishing touch, I sprayed just a little bit of Anchors Away and My Bleeding Heart Coloringz on the frosting for a little color.  I know, you are saying "Oh No She Didn't!"  Well, Oh YES I Did!  The paints are totally NON-TOXIC so no worries!


I can hardly wait for the start of baseball season to make some cupcake wrappers in celebration of my beloved Boston Red Sox!!

If you'd like the template to print, cut and Shimmer up your own cupcake wrappers, you can find the template here.

Cheers!
Lori Renn

1 comment:

Christie Bryant said...

This is a GREAT idea! Love it!