Monday, November 22, 2010

What Matters Most

Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude. --E.P. Powell
As much as I love turkey and gravy,
and two days off from work,
Thanksgiving is truly about what matters most: family.
I am so very grateful for mine.

I added lots of layers o' love to this layout,
with help from Shimmerz.
I began by spraying Vertigre, Treasured Hymn, and Jeni-B-Bleu Vibez
all over the background dictionary paper
to create a shimmery backdrop
with a vintage feel.
I then added layers of papers that were accented with Shimmerz paints.
I had so much fun painting parts and pieces of this layout.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow, the layout is really gorgeous! i love it.

Felicitas from Germany

Leslie Ashe said...

your layout is GORGEOUS Jill!

A Soldier Girl said...

I swear she has signature layout style LOVE LOVE LOVE

Lori Renn said...

Beautiful work and I love your quote too!

Heidi Kelley said...

Beautiful!! I just adore it.

Christie Bryant said...

Amazing layout! I love all the detail! Fab!

carrie said...

this page is FANTASTIC!!!! all the details are so inspiring!

Roberta said...

I adore this! You're amazing!