Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall is in the air...earthy tones w/ Shimmerz

I don't think I could ever get enough of misting when I sit down and create. I keep all my mists nice and close to add just the right touch...just looking at their beautiful colors gives me instant inspiration!

This month I created a Layout and a Card. I love using different masking techinques to creat shadows and accents. I used one of my fiskars punches to create the flowers and assembled them on the background paper with removable adhesive. After I sprayed, I took the punched scallop circles off the page and crumpled them slightly to use on the page after I started placing everything.
My two favorite colors I used are the Shimmerz Spritz Mud Pie and Vibes Rusty Bottom...such great earthy tones...and LOVE them for FALL! :)



I also made this card for my Cousin who just lost her husband. I really didn't want to have anything too frilly for this particular card....I used Shimmerz Spritz BambooLeaf and and Shimmerz Vibes Before Dawn. I spelled out the word "Sorry" with a chipboard alphabet as a mask, and once it dried, I stamped the word "Sorry" over the masked image. After I stamped, I colored in the stamp with the shimmerz Mossy Stone. Love the the color combination for this card.




Thanks so much for looking! Have fun with your Shimmerz and try something new and fun this week! :)
Have a great week,
Kimberly

4 comments:

jessica_haley555 said...

I love the concept of the scrapbook page. Really nice work.

Taj White said...

these are gorgeous Kimberly. I love them!!

Stac said...

Awesome LO and card!!! Gorgeous.

bethchien said...

that is an AMAZING photo! love that layout!!