Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rock-N-Roll Background with Shimmerz Paints

I was out taking pictures of my kids in the yard, when my youngest struck this silly post and said, "Mom! Look at me! I'm a Rock Star!" *giggle* That girl cracks me up every single day . . . I'm so glad I had my camera around my neck ready to capture that little tidbit of her personality.

When I went to scrapbook the photo, I really wanted to play up the rock-n-roll theme. I chose a color scheme of black, white, and hot pink and added lots of silver studs. But it felt a little too elegant . . . I needed to "grunge" it up a bit.



I added a rock star feel by spritzing the background cardstock with Baby's Breath and Cotton Candy Spritz. Next I dripped Hottie Pink Blingz and Pink Shimmerz paint here-and-there.



I allowed the paint to dry for a minute and then wiped most of it away, leaving the dried edges of the paint drops. It was an experiment, but it turned out exactly the way I wanted it to. :) LOVE when that happens!



Rock on, Shimmer On! :)
Jana Eubank

1 comment:

Stac said...

Jana--you are a rockstar! Love you!!