Friday, January 29, 2010

Stamping with Shimmerz

There is one thing I really have come to love lately, and that is stamping with paints, which also means that opens up so many possibilities of "stamps" you can come up with household objects. For this most recent layout I made, using the Scrap for a Cure January Mini kit, I wanted to give some more texture to the already beautiful Kaiser patterned paper which is my background. I grabbed my bottle of Shimmerz Spritz in Licorice, and spritzed my Shimmerz directly onto the bubble wrap I used and really got it saturated with color. I then went ahead and "stamped" my paper with the bubble wrap. One thing that really is great about using paints on the bubble wrap is that you can "stamp" multiple times and create a lighter version of the first and so forth but really still packs a punch on your page. For the upper left corner of the page, this was my original stamp and then the lower right corner was my third and fourth time "stamping" on the page, but you can see, I still got a lot of great color on the page from this effect.

Next, I went ahead and decided to grab a rubber stamp of mine, which I love to use quite often. It's actually a coffee stain stamp that I got from Club Scrap many years ago, but it's "messy" enough to work on boy pages. I went ahead and grabbed my Shimmerz and a paint brush and I "painted" the color Mossy Stone (which has become on of my favorite colors of Shimmerz) onto the stamp. I then went ahead and stamped on the page and again, used it multiples with the same dose of color. I did "repaint" my stamp one extra time, because I needed to get a little bit darker spot on the brown pattern paper, and in order to have it show up, I needed to know that I would have a lot of color on the stamp.

Stamping onto your page with paints really adds a lot of great texture to a page, and I love texture, therefore, it really packs a punch to my layout. I really love the way this turned out, and I think I would be safe to say that this is my favorite layout thus far for the new year. The Shimmerz just gives it the right amount of "bling" even on a boy page!

So next time you want to stamp on your page, try stamping with your Shimmerz and a "found" object. You can really get creative with this. Some things you may want to use as your "stamp" could be an empty roll from toilet paper or paper towels. Saran wrap, bubble wrap, sponges, the bottom of a shoe for the pattern, or even a flower. The possibilities are endless!


Have fun creating!
-Deanna

8 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

Great layout! Love the papers and your titling. Wonderful work!

Jana Eubank said...

LOVE the stamping! Looks AWESOME here! :D :D :D

Tricia said...

very good subtle tones from doing that! terrific layout

Taj White said...

Super cute stamping. Love the look,especially with a boy layout.

Lori Renn said...

beautiful layout, deanna! i really love it!

Christine said...

Fabulous stamping, Deanna! I love all the different textures in your layout! Beautiful work!

LG said...

what an amazing layout!

Stac said...

A very cool page.