Saturday, January 30, 2010

Green grass and blue skies


One thing I love to do with Shimmerz Spritz is create an outdoor background for my layouts. For this hot air balloon layout, I started with white cardstock and sprayed the top half with Sea Foam Spritz (the sky) and the bottom half with a mixture of a couple of the green Spritz colors (the grass).

This layout features pictures of a hot air balloon ride my husband and I took over the Masai Mara in Africa years ago. The funny thing is that I've always been EXTREMELY afraid of heights, but for some reason the hot air balloon ride didn't bother me at all -- even knowing that if we went crashing to the ground, we would most likely be eaten alive by wild animals. Luckily that didn't happen.

Here's a close-up of my Spritz'd background:

Have a fantastic weekend!!

-Stacy Cohen

7 comments:

Carmen said...

Very nice LO. Love the hot air balloons!

April said...

Love those hot air balloons. Gorgous layout. Great idea with using the spritz.

Jana Eubank said...

Love your scene . . . the clouds are AWESOME! What did you make those with? Seriously, girl! Your pages are such a treat to look at!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Stacy!

Taj White said...

this is so simple and cute. love the happy feel of it, and the use of shimmerz here.

Samantha McElyea said...

OO I love hot air balloon rides, even though I've never had a legit one ;)
Very cute!!! :)

Stac said...

Such a super cool page. It tells a whole shimmery story.