Thursday, October 8, 2009

Keep Those You Love

Close to your heart! I was really excited when Stacey said that she wanted Shimmerz to participate in a month long Breast Cancer Awareness project. Having several friends who have either been struck by cancer themselves or have lost loved ones to breast cancer, well this rang close to home. It was the little reminder to keep those that we love so dear, close to our hearts. Because you just NEVER know.



For my project, I cut out a heart shape from a cardboard box. I tore the top layer off of the heart to reveal the corrugated section underneath. I love this texture! I wanted a nice soft glow to the cardboard itself, so I sprayed a generous amount of Shimmerz Spritz Tuscan Sun all over the heart. Now this is where we get a little messy and crazy.




While I love the fluidity of Shimmerz, for this specific project, I wanted some bulk to my paint. Enter in: Spackle and Shimmerz Hottie Pink Blingz! Simply add your paint into your spackle and you have an instant textured paint with a shimmery quality to it. I applied the spackle with a butter knife, just as if frosting a cookie. Then for some more added pink goodness, I dipped a paint brush into the Hottie Pink Blingz and flicked it all over the heart. I also painted around the edges of the heart as well.



To finish up my project, I added my quote, strung some buttons on some wire and wrapped it around my heart. Final touch, was another GENEROUS spritzing of Tuscan Sun.

We would LOVE to see what you can do with Shimmerz and pink! Break out your favorite shade of pink Shimmerz, create a project and upload it to our new Shimmerz Flickr group today!

Dena

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful is this!!! Gorgeous work, as always :D

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, Dena,this is awesome!

Angela W said...

This is beautiful! Great creation!

Stac said...

Holy Smokin Rockets Dena. . . this is so beautiful, AND so creative.

Stacy Cohen said...

Wow!! I love how used the spackle, Dena! I might be raiding my hubby's tool closet this weekend. :)

Danielle Flanders said...

this is so neat, Dena! so full of texture!

Jennifer Beason said...

This is too cool! Love all the texture!!!

roree said...

Beautiful, Dena!