Tuesday, September 29, 2009

And It Continues.....

The Shimmerz Galz have went above and beyond the call with their fabulous projects with the new color releases. Today is not any different.

Here is a seasonal make from Kim Dellow which uses the lovely Antique Lace, Mossy Stone and Vintage Wine Shimmerz paints. Check out the leaves!!! Gorgeous!!! Makes me want to go and grab a sweater!




Next up is Melissa Sauls and WOW!!! Check out these BOO-tiful cards she has created with the new colors :) Spooktacular LOL In Melissa's own words.

Shimmerz has gone Vintage and I love it!!! I was thrilled to hear that the new colors for the release would be vintage and they did not disappoint once I saw them!! I tried to use all of the new colors as much as I could on one card, LOL! Here are my “vintagy” samples.


A lot of distressing here my friends! J For my first card, I went for a Halloween vintage card.


Here, I used Kraft cardstock as my base and spritzed it all in the new mini Spritz (WOOOOHOOO!!) Treasured Hymn. How about those new mini spritzes?!? I think it’s an awesome idea…especially when going on your crops since you can pack a bunch with little space. I also used another new mini spritz, Licorice, spritzed all over both the large layer of designer paper and the “Spooky” card. Now, you’d think that spritzing the black would make your paper look dark, but it just make it look awesome is what it did!! TOTALLY vintage! I didn’t stop there though….I painted the new Vintage Wine atop both my flower AND the drippy goo edge punched cardstock under the ribbon. See it here!

For my next card, I wanted a little more Shabby vintage chic card.

Ok, I just smothered the new Wed Wagon Shimmerz all over this card, LOL! For my edging, I distressed and then dipped a sponge right into the lid of the shimmerz pot and just spread on the outer edges of my card. The effect looks just wonderful and VINTAGE! J Not only did I use the Wed Wagon there, but I also painted it on my flower and sponged it right on top of the glittered chipboard.

I hope you have enjoyed all the samples you have seen so far. I’m just thrilled to have the latest colors and I’m sure that you will be too! Thanks for looking!

OK!!! Now that everyone should be Super Inspired :) Get creating! We would love to see what you have made! Remember you have until Thursday now to make your way through the video blog hop! We will announce the winners this Friday, October 2!! So get hopping!!! Can't wait to see what is in store for tomorrow *giggle*

Have a great Fall day!

3 comments:

Shirley said...

beautiful cards!

~~Mia~~ said...

OMG, lovin' those cards ladies, those newspaper leaves are gorgeous with the sparkle and shine to them!!!!!

Awesome job, I get more and more inspired everytime I check out a new project/lo/card!!!!!!

Thank you!!

Angela W said...

These are all so great! Love the gold on the leaves!