Wednesday, April 22, 2009

2 Happy Projects

I just love what my Shimmez Paints can do for my layouts and other projects alike! Today, I would like to share with you some recent projects I made, one being a layout, and one an altered project.

First up, is the layout I created. My son had gotten me a birthday present, which he picked out all on his own. I felt that the story behind the gift was quite nice and I really wanted to remember the gifts I received and then of course the reasons behind his gifts. I went ahead and added to the layout some of the new Prima flowers, which I felt really needed to have a shimmery touch to them, and therefore, I added my Angel Wings Shimmerz to the white flower and then Candle Light Shimmerz to the antiqued paper flower. For my title work, I at first painted the title white, but decided to give my new Under the Sea Blingz a try, and I REALLY love the color of this! I think that you will to! Here is the layout:
Here are the close up shots of the title and the flowers. Just check out that shimmer! Love it!


Next, I created a fun little project, which is this altered plaque that I am going to hang up in my scrap room. It's a hybrid project, in which I printed out the pattern papers from a digital kit, and then used traditional elements as well. I brought out a lot of old supplies, and brought them to life by adding my Shimmerz paints to them. As you'll see, there is a sheen to the little labels near the clock and then shimmer on the butterfly, leaves and swirl close to the title. I love the extra bling that the Shimmez added. Colors used on this project were Celery Shimmerz (rub on leaves), Angel Wingz Shimmerz (on the butterfly and labels) and Gold Glimmer Blingz (on top of the painted swirl).

Close up of Labels:
Close up of butterfly, leaves and swirl:

Thanks so much for letting me share! Have a shimmery day!



2 comments:

Linda Albrecht said...

So pretty!

Linda

Stac said...

What great work. I love your color choices. Just BEAUTIFUL!