Thursday, March 26, 2009

Easters on it's way...



For my project today I created a couple of fun little Easter treat bags. These are more than your ordinary bags though because they are homespun with muslin fabric scraps, embroidery,some stamping, and Shimmerz painting. How great would these look on your Easter table at each place setting?!!

I love fabric and thought that it would be fun to add some shimmer to it with my stamped images that are by Melissa Frances. I used the Pixie Dust and Flashee Fushia Blingz on the bunny image, then added the Under the Sea Blingz to the border betweeen the embroidery. For the chick image I used Golden Wheat Shimmerz, Under the Sea and Flashee Fushia Blingz. They went on the fabric like a breeze. I am definitely going to do this again.

I hope that this inspires you to do something shimmery for your Easter decorations!

Linda :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good gracious - these little bags are adorable, Linda! You did such a nice job with them - I love how Shimmerz looks on fabric....

Karen said...

Linda, you out did yourself again. Too cute.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow, Oh wow, Oh wow. Fabulous work Linda! Kim