Saturday, November 1, 2008

Winter Posies


Shimmerz Paints presents - "Winter Posies" with Blingz - This new limited edition "December Sky" Blingz was the perfect color for my project - I wanted to really scream "Jack Frost has been here!!" I love how it turned out -

I re-purposed a metal container I used a couple of years ago for a similar project - this year it certainly has a more updated look. The preparation was a little time consuming but FUN working with each of the components. For the flowers I ran a 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 piece of "Solar White" (Neenah 110# cardstock) through my Big Shot with the "Swiss Dots" Cuttlebug embossing folder. Then I used a glue stick and glued to the same size Craft-a-Board from Ellen Hutson's store - even tough I used 110# cardstock I really wanted these to keep their shape and hold those Shimmerized buttons (used "Angel Wings" Shimmerz on the buttons). After just a couple of minutes letting the glue dry I then ran the Swiss Dotted paper/Craft-a-Board combo through my Big Shot using a Sizzix "Large Daisies" die. Next step for the posies was to give just a little airbrush shot using one of my COPIC markers around the edges. Then I took my new "December Sky" Blingz and gave a quick painted edge - poured a little onto a plate and stippled ever so lightly blending the painted edge and working toward the center. Adhered the die cut posies to Wilton sucker sticks on the back - used red line tape to adhere and then I always cover the sticky part of the red line with a piece of matching cardstock - that's for two reason - keeps the other parts of the project from sticking to the back of my posies and for my papercrafting friends who would closely inspect - how'd she do that??? from the backside a finished backside. Glued buttons in the centers.

My next part of the preparation was taking those Winter Berry sprigs and giving them some needed "Silver Bells" Shimmerz on the leaves and "December Sky" Blingz on some of the berries. Making the ribbon bow was the most difficult part of the preparation. Once I had all the pieces complete then is was just a matter of putting it all together. A small piece of styrofoam in the container holds the posies, pineboughs, berries. Once all the pieces had been pushed into the styrofoam I took some white tulle and weaved in and out, around, and loop the loop through - Hope you enjoy this as much and I did!!!! it really was fun and super easy. Be sure to keep checking throughout the day for more of those new limited edition Blingz colors and awesome projects the other team members will be showcasing!!!!!

Enjoy and Create, Lila




8 comments:

Memories of Time said...

LILA! This is totally AMAZING!!! Oh, winter wonderland INDEED. :)

Beverley said...

WOW...I can't wait...I just can't wait...when will the new Shimmerz Bling be available...I can't be patient any longer...LOL.

Stampin' HUGS
Beverley

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I think I *need* some of those new Shimmerz Bling colors!

Jen said...

These are gorgeous!!!!

Lori Barnett said...

beautiful isn't even enough to describe this! Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!! I think I may need to get me some of this bling!! :)

Kisa Peters said...

LILA!? YOU CRAZY GIRL! THIS IS AWESOME! OMGOSH! LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

wow beautiful !