Friday, August 15, 2008

Lila's Colorwashed Bird

I had the privilege of attending a Dave Brethauer class with Lila, and it was a wonderful experience. We both learned a lot! Here's a fabulous take on his technique from Lila in her own words:

"I wanted to try a colorwash similar to the one taught by Dave Brethauer. I think it turned out SUPER!!! I'm really loving the effects of the Shimmerz product with this technique. I first took my solid color cardstock and gave a couple of quick vertical swishes with Sagebrush Shimmerz keeping a little space or area between each swipe. Then I took Aqua Marine Shimmerz and gave some quick vertical swishes in between the Sagebrush. After just a couple of minutes, they were dry. "
"I then stamped my bird image (Memory Box) using Coffee Bean ink (Brilliance)."


"I put together the remainder of the card with the base being Natural White cardstock (Neenah), a layer of solid color and pattern Bonjour Tres Jolie (My Mind's Eye), wrapped with ribbon (Prima), and stamped sentiment (Inkadinkado) with Coffee Bean (Brilliance) at the bottom. Stamped with branch (Memory Box) with Coffee Bean (Brilliance) on the focal image, closely trimmed bird and adhered onto branch. A few K & Co half-pearl in the top corner and along the bottom finish the project."


Stunning card, Lila! I know Dave would be proud. :)

2 comments:

Kim Ross said...

I got a chance to see this one in person. It was absolutely stunning! {SingSong} Love It! :)

Lori Renn said...

Beautiful!!! Bravo, talented one!