Thursday, October 26, 2017

Cherish This Layout | Missy Whidden

Hello friends!  Missy here, and I have a new layout to share today using lots of Shimmerz Paints.  I started off with a floral patterned paper from the Simple Stories The Reset Girl collection.  I let the colors of the flowers inspire my color scheme for the layout.  I pulled out several Creameez, Inklingz, Coloringz and Vibez which I'll talk about as I go along.

I fussy cut lots of the floral clusters and used those as a starting point.  I used a floral die cut and cut even more flowers on my Silhouette Cameo on white cardstock.  I used most of the Shimmerz colors I picked out to paint them.  For the blue flowers, I used Creameez Refresh Mint, Inklingz Me & Blue, Coloringz Well Blue Me Down and Vibez Jeni B Bleu.  The pink flowers were painted with Creameez Piggy Pink and Vibez Sweet Heart.


I wanted to create lots of flower layers here, so I did a lot of overlapping and tucking in with petals and leaves.  On the background I used the packaging technique and smudge around a lot of the blue paints.  I mixed Jeni B Bleu with Refresh Mint for that.


I love how this background turned out.  Here you can see a bit of gold.  That's Inklingz Miner Miner 49er.  I painted some stems with it and also added some splatters.  I added a few white foam heart Thickers around the page.


Check out this dimension...it seems like all flowers want to pop off the page.  I painted the white flowers while they were still stuck to my Cameo mat.  When I pulled them off, the edges curled up.  This is fantastic for creating 3D effects.  I tucked in a bit of pink thread around the photo as well.


I used a few little bird stickers for added embellishment.  I didn't want to go too overboard with extra bits and pieces since the flowers were pretty busy already.  My title is a combination of a Bella Blvd chipboard word and some Simple Stories alpha stickers.

Here's another look at the dimension.  I couldn't decide where to put the title at first...I wound up hiding it (sort of) in the leaves and keeping it straight.  I thought about curving it in the middle but it just didn't look right.


One more close-up just because :)


And that's it!  I hope you enjoyed this...it was fun to put together and create.  It's fun to let the paper inspire your color scheme.  Be sure to check out my process video here:



Thanks so much for stopping by!


Supplies Used:
Creameez--Piggy Pink, Refresh Mint, Trippin in the Tropics
Inklingz--Me & Blue, Miner Miner 49er
Coloringz--Well Blue Me Down
Vibez--Jeni B Bleu, Sweet Heart, Glorious Day


No comments: