Saturday, March 11, 2017

Fun Texture Technique with Shimmerz Pastes | Zinia Amoiridou

Hello shimmery friends! It's Zinia again to share with you a really fun layout I created using some of my most favorite techniques and Shimmerz products.



This technique is inspired by impasto painting. I’ve used it a couple of times in the past but this time I wanted to take it to the next level by mixing pastes with different finish. So I grabbed a bunch of pinks, blues and purples and started “icing” my page like a cake.

The colors I used were: Texturez in Crushed Coral, Dazzlerz in Pucker Up Pink and Gummy Berry Blue and Paste-eez in Baby Boy Blue, Raspberry Sherbet and Don’t Be a Pansy.
Once my pastes were down I stuck a couple of wood veneer pieces into them. I previously tweaked the wood veneer piece with a few layers of Acritonez in Pinkadelic to make it match my color palette.


After that I just added a bunch of embellishments that matched with the colors and the look I was going for. I really loved the acetate ephemera pieces from Amy Tangerine “Better Together” collection. The colors were bright and gorgeous and because they were acetate, you can still see through and keep the beautiful texture of the pastes visible.


Thank you so much for joining me. I really hope you enjoyed the process of this page. 


No comments: