Saturday, February 13, 2016

What a beautiful day - Astrid

Hello lovely visitors and Shimmerz Friends!! Today is a beautiful day indeed for 2 days ago our new website with exciting new goodies went live, - yippee!!
Look at this for instance, 10 little pots of lovely water colours at a brilliant price, - but the best bit? You choose your Huez, yes that's right, you pick the colours you like and they will come to you in this fab little box with a refillable water colour brush included, - how cool is that???

Ok, onto my project: A card created with the new Huez of course.
This is what I used:
And here is a quick step by step:

I started with a piece of watercolour paper, spritzt it with water and then added colour with my chosen  Huez in pretty random fashion. I covered it with a piece of cling film when wet still, made wrinkles and let it dry over night, below you can see the result, after I added a few splashes with Vibez Hot Fudge:
Love the crystalline crackle effect of this technique. Here is a close up:


 But I decided to add  some texture and more elements to the background: Some background stamping with a crackle stamp and some Texturez through a stencil. What I love about Texturez is that they are coloured already, so no need to add colour to your texture paste.

Time to finish my project.... I chose a little wooden butterfly, painted it white with acrylic chalk paint and then coloured it with the Very Blueberry Huez (it needed quite a few coats) I then dabbed a piece of scrunched up kitchen foil on to it and voila, - here is the result. I did darken the edges with Hydrangea Archival ink which matches the colour of the Huez to perfection.
One of the other products recently added to the Shimmerz store are the wonderful Colour Stakz. I'm sure you all know how popular adult colouring books have become. These ones are designed by our very own Lydell Quinn one of the super talented Design Team members.

I coloured one of the small Pick Pocket Stakz with the Huez, cut out just the lettering bit and used that as the sentiment for my card.
I added a bit of shadow with the Hot Fudge Vibez and a brush underneath the words to make them pop a bit more. Now all that I needed to do was adhere my butterfly in the centre of my textured element.
As you can see I added a piece of wire to its body and some white crackle stamping to the wings (stamped with white paint) to pick up the crackle effect on the background.
And here finally is my finished card, - hope you like it and do check out the new website!!!
Thanks for visiting like always

15 comments:

Dortesjs said...

your so brilliant, great work

Deborah Wainwright said...

This is gorgeous Astrid, love the muted colours. The butterfly looks amazing too. Hugs Debsxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Beautiful indeed! Those colours are gorgeous! I especially love the butterfly and the quote that reminds me of one of my favourite U2 songs! Hugs, Chrisx

Almo said...

Lovely card Astrid, I liked the butterfly with just the paint but the crackle on the wings took it to another level. Great idea that you can pick your own Huez so it is to individual taste, nice handy travel box to hold them too. Mo x

Dorthe said...

Gorgeous result with the cling film, dear Astrid, and love the crackle stamp, too,- I have that stamp, maybe I should use it a bit,lol.
It is a wonderful card !!
Dorthe XO

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely gorgeous Astrid! Love love love the use of the cling film! Your palette is beautiful and the shimmer and shine from these paints is marvelous!
Jackie xo

sunkuma said...

WOW! Such talent. Lovely card! Great ideas and really liked how you used the Stakz.

froebelsternchen said...

Just W O N D E R F U L !

Juliz Design Post said...

What an amazing background Astrid and a stunning card.
Julie x

Kathy Bradley said...

So very gorgeous - and I love the colors.

experiments in paper said...

Brilliant, Astrid!! I love that background - what a fabulous technique that is! You are really rocking with all the Shimmerz products....fantastic inspiration!! xxx Lynn

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely colour combination - definitely going to check out the mini Huez boxes - and I love that clingfilm background - must try that. Lovely butterfly!
Alison x

Redanne said...

What a beautiful day?? What a gorgeous project Astrid, the colours are just gorgeous, the butterfly looks stunning. I really must try out the cling film technique! Anne xx

Maryann Laursen said...

And once again you´ve just made a masterpiece here Astrid. Sooo beautiful work and a great explanation as well.

Annie said...

What a fabulous card Astrid....love the background you created and the texture paste looks great too.
Love the sentiment and stunning butterfly

TFS and hugs Annie xx