Sunday, January 25, 2015

Beautiful Pinks and Purples with Amy Prior

Hi everyone! Amy Prior back with you all again today, this time sharing a scrapbooking layout that I recently created for an Australian Scrapbooking Competition of course using lots of gorgeous Shimmerz paint products. The challenge was simply to use something out of the ordinary on the scrapbook layout, a non-scrapbooking item. I was baffled with this challenge as there really doesn't seem like much that we haven't added to our scrapbook stashes over the years and as I sat outside pondering in my garden, I realised the yard was covered in sticks left right and centre. 

So after washing the sticks about 20 times in detergent etc to ensure there was no longer any dirt etc left on the sticks, I have painted them with gorgeous Shimmerz paint in various colours of pink, purple and black to match my chosen patterned papers for the layout.


I have added lots of various stamping to my white background cardstock using some Black Archival Ink which I have let dry before assing some dribbles of Shimmerz Inklingz and Shimmerz paints again in various shades of pink and purple to tie my layout together beautifully.


Finally I have painted my chipboard title using some Shimmerz Dazzlerz paint followed by some Shimmerz in black also to give a bit more texture.


Shimmerz Paint Products used for this layout include...
Shimmerz Inklingz in Beets Me, Pugnacious Purple, Pink-a-Boo & Imperial Amethyst,
Shimmerz in Sugar Plum, Royal Purple, Magenta, Pink & Coal,
Shimmerz Dazzlerz in Licorice Stix.

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to keep an eye on the Shimmerz Facebook Page as something super exciting is happening 29th January!!!! So exciting!

Until next time, happy scrapping!
Amy Prior xx


No comments: