Thursday, June 10, 2010

Shimmery Backgrounds


I love combining basic acrylic paint with Shimmerz Vibez and Spritz to make gorgeous shimmery backgrounds.

I developed this technique on my Chore Chart.


You see those cool dots in the close-up? Yep, those were made with Blue Jeans Vibez spritzed through a Heidi Swapp mask.


In order to do this technique, paint your background with basic acrylic paint. (I use the cheap-o stuff). Allow it to dry, then spritz on the Spritz or Vibez. You can use a mask (or not). In order to blend the Spritz, I simply use a baby wipe to erase any harsh edges. It's as easy at pie!

Have fun experimenting with this!

Happy Shimmering!

xoxo
Bethany Kartchner

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh what a great technique!!! I love it how this turned out....SOOOOOO CUTE!!! Great Job!!

LollyChops said...

Awesome technique and I loooove that little sign! It's so cute!

Taj White said...

great technique. love the way it looks

Roberta said...

Great technique. I will have to give this a try.

Stac said...

Bethany. . . I just love how you think. Awesome technique and project. Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Genius!! Awesome new technique I must try! Thanks Bethany!