
I love playing around with vintage images. When I found a Christmas Postcard kit by Crafty Secrets, I knew that they needed some Shimmerz to really shine!

First, in order to distress the images a little bit, I spritzed with Treasured Hymn. This is such a cool spritz. It immediately tones down any stark white images and gives them a beautiful slightly distressed look. Next, using Under the Sea Blingz, I added some texture and sparkle to my birds and other blue images. Aren't those birds gorgeous?

On the next ornament, I really got into Shimmerz and painted Santa's outfit with Royal Red so that it would stand out more. I also painted Gold Glimmer on Santa's furry spots to add texture. For dimension, I painted a chipboard star using Royal Red and I stamped a few holly leaves and painted them in with Celery.

The chunky, vintage-glass glitter quality of Gold Glimmer Blingz really shows up in my close-up.

I used Gold Glimmer Blingz again on another Santa along with Under the Sea Blingz on his gifts.

Here is a close-up so you can see the texture.

I hope that your Holidays are happy, healthy, and Shimmery!
xoxo
Bethany Kartchner
I LOVE LOVE Vintage prints but I never know where to find them...Also I tried the Treasured Hymn yesterday for my first time and I have to say, you are so right! I LOVE what it does to tone down and antique things like tea stain but with SPARKLE! Beauty-ful!!
ReplyDeleteOh girl, these ROCK! I love vintage items and these are just perfect. :)
ReplyDeleteBethany I really like how you put a new twist to the vintage prints. You really gave them new life. They are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI love this vintage look! It stands out and you did an amazing job with it. (:
ReplyDelete