Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Christmas Advent Calendar, For The Shimmerz Paints Design Team

                                         Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new post for the                                                                             amazing ShimmerzPaints! Go and see all the fun  and beautiful treasures there! 




This started off as a cardboard advent calendar I bought at Hobby Lobby last year.

To make this project, I covered each box with some Prima scrapbooking paper from about 10 years ago. I layered on clear gesso, Prima Platinum texture paste with a stencil, Shimmerz paints, mica powders in gold and silver. I added the charms and covered them with clear gesso, so paint would stick to them. The charms were from my stash, and from Reneabouquets.

To add visual interest I added just a few micro beads, glass glitter,Swarovski  crystals, and glass beads. 
I added on the numbers with a little glossy accents, they're from old Tim Holtz scrapbooking paper.






Inklingz: Penny 4 Your Thoughts, Angel's Kiss,no longer in stock.


I covered the top and back of the box with white gesso.









                                           Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!   


                                                                                

                                           

No comments: